The flagship ITT Future You 'Conference' held annually at
World Travel Market London, attracts 500+ students and graduates each year
- Join us on Tuesday 7 November 2023 for ITT Future You at WTM
- In November 2023, we start our 15 year celebrations
- Since 2009, it's been the largest attended event at WTM London annually
- A well-known keynote speaker from industry sets the scene
- Diverse young speakers from industry brands share their stories
- An interactive industry careers fair follows the conference sessions
- The event attracts an audience from across Europe and beyond
On The Road
Regional ITT Future You ‘On The Road’ events are held
in 11 cities, in partnership with universities and colleges across the UK
- Following its success, ITT Future You went ‘On The Road’ from 2014
- Hosted at 9 ITT Centre of Excellence Universities across the UK
- National brands come together with local businesses to take part
- Individuals speak at their regional event and tell their story
- A careers fair follows, to promote opportunities in the local area
- The events get bigger every year, with new cities in the pipeline
- Future dates and locations of 'On The Road' events are below
In collaboration with the GTTP, ITT Future You ‘Global’ events
are held in countries with tourism-led economies
- In 2018, the ITT Future You ‘Global’ initiative was launched
- Taking the event to countries that rely on the tourism industry
- Helping to inspire the next generation across the globe
- The first ‘Global’ events have taken place in Russia, Brazil & Kenya
- ITT works closely with the Global Travel & Tourism Partnership
- & Future ‘Global’ events are planned in new locations worldwide
The ITT Future You Awards
It’s a privilege to become an ITT Future You Ambassador. Since joining ITT’s Education & Training Committee in 2018, I’ve been fortunate to moderate conference sessions, speak at universities and importantly, meet many aspiring travel professionals. Some harbour ambitions of becoming travel marketeers, others product specialists. Wherever their career begins, it’s clear from their energy and intellect that we have a promising pipeline of travel talent. As an ITT Future You Ambassador, I’ll strive to showcase our industry as a great place to work. An industry that is engaging and fulfilling, where people from all backgrounds can learn, grow and achieve their career ambitions
- Louie Davis, Commercial Lead - Whitbread
As a Visibility Specialist, and the ITT Future You inaugural mentor of the year, I understand the importance of having people to champion the industry, companies and individuals with their career aspirations. Mentoring gives great insights into the many ways to raise your professional profile and I’m especially proud to be an ITT Future You Ambassador. It’s an organisation that’s so diverse in knowledge and rich in education while encouraging it’s members to excel at any level
- Jenny Kovacs, Visibility Specialist
"Having worked within the tourism industry for the past 21 years it is a pleasure to be joining ITT Future You as an Ambassador. Having mentored many people throughout my career, the opportunity to support and engage with today’s Travel and Tourism students is something I am excited about. As the world of travel changes following the impact from COVID, the grassroots of the industry need to be nurtured and supported like never before. Having worked my way through the industry starting as a holiday rep overseas, Regional Manager within Retail, Director for one of the world’s leading travel brands, and now the CEO of one of Europe’s leading experience brands, I look forward to passing on my knowledge and enthusiasm for the best industry in the world.“
- Olly Nicholls, CEO, Attraction World
With continuous professional development being a theme throughout my own travel career, I believe that vocational and academic experience both have a place within the industry and that championing opportunities for future talent is essential for ensuring our industry remains a fulfilling and credible career choice. The ITT Future You initiative brings together industry and education, giving students new ideas and career paths that they may never thought were possible. The initiative continues to go from strength-to-strength and that's why I'm honoured to be involved as an Ambassador.
- Donna Allcock, Strategy Implementation Manager for Great Britain: Tourism Ireland
It is such a pleasure to be a part of the ITT Future You initiative; which inspires future generations of students to consider the travel industry as a lucrative and viable option for a future career. Providing students, particularly those from ethnic backgrounds with the opportunity to gain knowledge and be empowered, will provide a powerful impact as we strive, as an industry, to create an inclusive and energising environment that encourages individual excellence and better reflects the diversity of society in order to drive growth.
- Jamie-Lee Abtar, Founder - 2219 Media
I am honoured to be an ITT Future You ambassador, it has been a pleasure to present to and meet so many students, not long being one myself. The initiative is extremely important to me to show young professionals the amazing opportunities that the industry has to offer; which were not shown to me as a student. I am proud to be a part of something that has achieved so much in a short amount of time, the focus for me; enhancing the reality of the amazing things that young graduates can achieve from this industry, and how much the travel industry relies on new talent to remain innovative in a constantly changing environment.
- Jodie Pilgrim, Head of Overseas Management: Party Hard Travel
As a member of the ITT Future You committee, I’m very proud to be an Ambassador of the initiative. I’m a strong advocate of the benefits which students and industry achieve through the collaboration at the ITT Future You events. it’s vital that we provide students with insight from industry, preparing the next generation of talent for strong and successful careers; whichever part of the sector they decide to move in to. It's been a pleasure taking part in the events themselves and meeting such a diverse range of students from across the globe.
- Lee Ainsworth, Head of Advantage Holidays: Advantage Travel Partnership
I am a huge supporter of the Future You programme. From a personal perspective it is a fantastic opportunity for me to give back to the future leaders of the tourism industry, an industry I have both worked and studied in for 20+ years now. What I also love is being able to meet, network and (hopefully) inspire people thinking of joining and building their career in this wonderfully diverse and inclusive industry. I encourage everyone to attend. You never know, you may end up meeting your first manager in the tourism industry!
- Michael Long, Senior Manager, Retail Partnerships (UK & Nordics) at Expedia Group
The ITT Future You initiative was created by industry, to inspire the next generation of aviation, travel, tourism and hospitality professionals
ITT Future You acts as the bridge between the education sector and industry
Industry has developed many career-focused initiatives over the years including:
» ABTA - The Travel Association's Education Hub
» BTA - The Business Travel Association's Business Travel Diploma
» GTTP - Passport to the World online training course
» World Travel Market London - Career in Travel Day
» Global Travel & Tourism Partnership (GTTP) - Introduction to careers in travel and tourism - Free online course > Click here to access >
» Northern Training Academy (NTA) - Apprenticeships & Traineeships in the sector Click here to access >
» The Advantage Travel Partnership What it takes to be a successful, independent Travel Agent Watch via our YouTube channel < here >
» Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) - ITT Future You challenged students to create their own elevator pitch - check them out on our YouTube channel.
» Whitbread / Premier Inn - Explore interviews from Whitbread's rising stars showcasing different careers in Hospitality. Hear from Emily, a Digital and Commercial Service Delivery Manager, Dayne, a Digital Product Manager and Rebecca, a Channel Executive in the Digital Acquisition Team.
As the industry evolves, so does the ITT Future You initiative. Our talent hub is a gateway to the next steps on your career journey.
What is ITT Future You?
ITT Future You is an initiative started by the
Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) in the UK
- Celebrating 15 years in 2023/2024
- It has become ‘The’ Annual Student Travel Conference
- An insight in to the Aviation, Travel, Tourism & Hospitality industry
- It gives students and graduates, ideas & inspiration for their future careers
- Is a launchpad for young industry professionals, as speakers
- Founded by the ITT Education & Training Committee
- Has had over 30,000 attendees at its free events since launching
" I thoroughly enjoyed the ITT Future You on the Road event held at the University of Plymouth. We heard from industry professionals who shared their perspectives of working in a variety of roles across the sector, as well as how they got to where they are now. Their advice was excellent and I have come away full of excitement about my future in the industry. "
- Georgia Francis
International Tourism Management student at University of Plymouth
" Very informative and insightful meeting from our guest speakers at the ITT Future You event. Learning from their experiences in the tourism and hospitality industry helps us students to understand more about prospects for the future and how to approach new opportunities better. "
- Eddy Edokpolor
BA Tourism Management at Manchester Metropolitan University
" Thoroughly enjoyed the ITT Future You event at Manchester Metropolitan University. Highly inspiring learning about others' successful journeys in the tourism industry, and a pleasure to be able to speak with some of them in person. It was such a pleasure to be invited, and I hope to attend similar networking events during the coming months as they are so beneficial to me both professionally and academically. "
- Paris Flint
International Tourism Management with Spanish at University of Chester
" Myself and other students enjoyed a very informative employer insights panel (ITT Future You On The Road). A rich panel of successful individuals brought informative, interesting and actionable advice to the session that all members, I feel, valued. I'd like to thank you all for taking your time to give us your valuable insights into the travel and tourism industry! "
- Joshua Manley