The flagship ITT Future You 'Conference' is held annually
at World Travel Market London and attracts 500+ students each year
- Since 2009, it's been the largest attended event at WTM London annually
- A well-known keynote speaker from industry sets the scene
- Diverse young speakers from industry brands share their stories
- An interactive industry careers fair follows the conference sessions
- The event attracts an audience from across Europe and beyond
- In November 2020, we will host our 12th ITT Future You 'Conference'
On The Road
Regional ITT Future You ‘On The Road’ events
are held in cities, in partnership with Universities across the UK
- Following its success, ITT Future You went ‘On The Road’ from 2014
- Hosted at ITT Centre of Excellence Universities across the UK
- National brands come together with local businesses to take part
- Individuals speak at their regional event and tell their story
- A careers fair follows, to promote opportunities in the local area
- The events get bigger every year, with new cities in the pipeline
- Future dates and locations of 'On The Road' events are below
In collaboration with the GTTP, ITT Future You ‘Global’ events
are held in countries with tourism-led economies
- In 2018, the ITT Future You ‘Global’ initiative was launched
- Taking the event to countries that rely on the tourism industry
- Helping to inspire the next generation across the globe
- The first ‘Global’ events have taken place in Russia, Brazil & Kenya
- ITT works closely with the Global Travel & Tourism Partnership
- & Future ‘Global’ events are planned in new locations worldwide
The ITT Future You Awards
I am deeply honoured to have been involved in the ITT Future You initiative from its inception and very humbled in that I get the chance to meet, and engage with, the many thousands of students whom are considering working in the travel & tourism sector, which is quite possibly, the most fabulous, rewarding and diverse sector anyone could be involved with. Despite all the challenges that the travel industry has faced, and will face in the future, Tourism is one of the largest sectors globally and the challenge is to get more young people involved and to inspire them to have a long and fulfilling career within the industry. The ITT Future You events are where that journey starts. Being an Ambassador for the ITT Future Initiative is one of my career highlights and to see the depth of talent that is the next generation of tourism stars, is both inspiring and reassuring that the industry is in safe hands.
- Paul Cowley, Managing Director: The Travel Rep & Vice Chair: ITT E&T
As Co-Founder of the ITT Future You initiative, it’s been a real pleasure to meet students from across the UK and around the world, inspiring the next generation of talent coming in to our industry. There are so many fantastic opportunities that this sector offers and it's imperative that students and staff from educational institutions are aware of the variety of job roles. We need diverse industry role models to inspire the up and coming superstars of the future. ITT Future You plays a vital role in linking education with industry and that’s why I’m proud to be an ITT Future You Ambassador.
- Claire Steiner, UK Country Director: GTTP & Chair: ITT E&T
With continuous professional development being a theme throughout my own travel career, I believe that vocational and academic experience both have a place within the industry and that championing opportunities for future talent is essential for ensuring our industry remains a fulfilling and credible career choice. The ITT Future You initiative brings together industry and education, giving students new ideas and career paths that they may never thought were possible. The initiative continues to go from strength-to-strength and that's why I'm honoured to be involved as an Ambassador.
- Donna Allcock, Strategy Implementation Manager for Great Britain: Tourism Ireland
As Co-Founder of the ITT Future You initiative, I’m extremely proud to be an Ambassador for the project and of what ITT Future You has achieved so far. Our motivation is to inspire the next generation of talent professionals, stretching their career aspirations and encouraging them to aim high. We give young speakers an opportunity to develop their confidence too; whilst welcoming the industry's most diverse audience. Seeing so many students inspired by our fantastic speakers gives you a great buzz and to see many of our attendees and speakers going on to pursue their dreams is why we do what we do.
- Danny Waine, Commercial Manager: HHD & Vice Chair: ITT E&T
As the Executive Director of the BAME Women In Travel it is such a pleasure to be a part of the ITT Future You initiative; which inspires future generations of students to consider the travel industry as a lucrative and viable option for a future career. Providing students, particularly those from ethnic backgrounds with the opportunity to gain knowledge and be empowered, will provide a powerful impact as we strive, as an industry, to create an inclusive and energising environment that encourages individual excellence and better reflects the diversity of society in order to drive growth.
- Jamie-Lee Abtar, Executive Director: BAME Women in Travel
I am honoured to be an ITT Future You ambassador, it has been a pleasure to present to and meet so many students, not long being one myself. The initiative is extremely important to me to show young professionals the amazing opportunities that the industry has to offer; which were not shown to me as a student. I am proud to be a part of something that has achieved so much in a short amount of time, the focus for me; enhancing the reality of the amazing things that young graduates can achieve from this industry, and how much the travel industry relies on new talent to remain innovative in a constantly changing environment.
- Jodie Pilgrim, Head of Overseas Management: Party Hard Travel
As a member of the ITT Future You committee, I’m very proud to be an Ambassador of the initiative. I’m a strong advocate of the benefits which students and industry achieve through the collaboration at the ITT Future You events. it’s vital that we provide students with insight from industry, preparing the next generation of talent for strong and successful careers; whichever part of the sector they decide to move in to. It's been a pleasure taking part in the events themselves and meeting such a diverse range of students from across the globe.
- Lee Ainsworth, Head of Advantage Holidays: Advantage Travel Partnership
I am a huge supporter of the Future You programme. From a personal perspective it is a fantastic opportunity for me to give back to the future leaders of the tourism industry, an industry I have both worked and studied in for 20+ years now. What I also love is being able to meet, network and (hopefully) inspire people thinking of joining and building their career in this wonderfully diverse and inclusive industry. I encourage everyone to attend. You never know, you may end up meeting your first manager in the tourism industry!
- Michael Long, Director of Global Merchandising: Hotels.com
The ITT Future You initiative was created by industry, to inspire the next generation of aviation, travel, tourism and hospitality professionals
ITT Future You acts as the bridge between the education sector and industry
Industry has developed many career-focused initiatives over the years including:
» ABTA - The Travel Association's Education Hub
» BTA - The Business Travel Assocation's Business Travel Diploma
» GTTP - Passport to the World online training course
» World Travel Market London - Career in Travel Day
As the industry evolves, so does the ITT Future You initiative. Our talent hub is a gateway to the next steps on your career journey.
What is ITT Future You?
ITT Future You is an initiative started by the
Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) in the UK
- It has become ‘The’ Annual Student Travel Conference
- An insight in to the Aviation, Travel, Tourism & Hospitality industry
- It gives students, ideas & inspiration for their future careers
- Is a launchpad for young industry professionals, as speakers
- Founded by the ITT Education & Training Committee
- Has had 14,000+ students attend its UK events and more globally
" I thoroughly enjoyed the ITT Future You on the Road event held at the University of Plymouth. We heard from industry professionals who shared their perspectives of working in a variety of roles across the sector, as well as how they got to where they are now. Their advice was excellent and I have come away full of excitement about my future in the industry. "
- Georgia Francis
International Tourism Management student at University of Plymouth
" Very informative and insightful meeting from our guest speakers at the ITT Future You event. Learning from their experiences in the tourism and hospitality industry helps us students to understand more about prospects for the future and how to approach new opportunities better. "
- Eddy Edokpolor
BA Tourism Management at Manchester Metropolitan University
" Thoroughly enjoyed the ITT Future You event at Manchester Metropolitan University. Highly inspiring learning about others' successful journeys in the tourism industry, and a pleasure to be able to speak with some of them in person. It was such a pleasure to be invited, and I hope to attend similar networking events during the coming months as they are so beneficial to me both professionally and academically. "
- Paris Flint
International Tourism Management with Spanish at University of Chester
" Myself and other students enjoyed a very informative employer insights panel (ITT Future You On The Road). A rich panel of successful individuals brought informative, interesting and actionable advice to the session that all members, I feel, valued. I'd like to thank you all for taking your time to give us your valuable insights into the travel and tourism industry! "
- Joshua Manley